Please read the following carefully before completing the attached application form.
- A candidate for election to the Club must have the following qualifications:
- A candidate must be with a firm of Lloyd’s Underwriting Agents or Lloyd’s Brokers and must be, or must have been, actively engaged in the Insurance Market for not less than two years at the time of his or her application for membership.
- A candidate must be over 21 years of age at the time of his or her application for membership.
- A playing candidate must be a Member of and have a handicap not exceeding 18 at a recognised Golf Club.
- All Members shall be elected by ballot by the Committee. The Committee has full powers to accept or decline any candidate for membership of the Club without any reason being given.
- Candidates for election must be:
- Proposed by one Member,
- Seconded by another Member, and
- Endorsed by an Officer or Committee Member of the club
- Additionally, support from six Members will be required
Officers or Members of the Committee may not propose or second a Candidate. The proposer and seconder must have known candidates for at least two years.
A Member cannot propose, second or support an application until he or she has been a Member of the Club for two years.
A Member cannot propose, second or support more than two applications per year.
It is the responsibility of the Proposer to obtain support for the candidate. Candidates are not permitted to ‘broke’ their own slip.
The Committee has recently introduced a streamlined process for new U35 Members; if you are the Proposer for a new Member who is U35, please contact the Honorary Secretary for more details.